Skip to content
You have egg yolks and a bit of cream to spare? Create a ice cream sandwiches – and getting rid of scraps!
Recipe from the sweet the diabetes book.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Sugar icing
- the seeds from 1 vanilla pod, or 1 tsp vanilla seeds
- 4 dl cream or coconut cream
- 100 g blueberries, whole
- 100 g blackberries, roughly chopped (save some for decoration!)
- Stir together the egg yolks, icing sugar and vanilla seeds in a glass or steel bowl.
- Set the bowl over the hot water and whisk constantly, to the egg mixture starting to get warm and the sugar has resolved itself.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor. Whisk further until the mixture has turned into a cool, thick and fine eggnog.
- Whip the cream and mix it into the egg mixture.
- Stir the berries into the mixture and the mass of a bread form covered with baking paper.
- Cover the mold with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 100 g blackberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix berries, Sugar icing and lemon juice in a blender and blend until the mixture has become smooth.
- Warm the sauce gently in a saucepan, and serve it warm to the ice cream cake.
- Take the ice cream cake out of the freezer approx. 20 minutes before it is served.