Skip to content
For shrimp stock
- 0,75 kg shrimp
- 1 onion
- 2 pieces of garlic boats
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
To the soup
- 200g salmon or trout
- 150g Catfish or cod
- 2dl milk
- 1 dl cooking cream
- 1 small fennel
- 2 carrots
Season to taste with
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2 teaspoons Chilli spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Provence spice
- Fresh dill
So do you
- Peel the prawns and have the crusts ready for use, while you can put the prawns in the fridge and use as a "topping" for the soup.
- Coarsely chop onion and garlic.
- Warm up the olive oil in a large pot, add the onion, garlic and prawn waste and cook for 3-4min.
- Pour over the water, so that it covers it all. Approx. 1 litre.
- Add butter and fish sauce when it starts to boil. Add salt and pepper.
- Boil under a lid on medium heat for approx. 1 hour.
- While the power boils you can cut up all the vegetables in small pieces.
- Luck power through a sieve, so that you get rid of prawn waste.
- Put all the vegetables in and cook under the lid on a medium heat for approx. 15 min.
- Cut the fish into smaller pieces.
- Taste the soup with the spices mentioned above.
- Add milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- You put the fish in the soup for the last 5 minutes while the soup is on a low heat. The soup should not boil.
- Use shrimp and dill as a "topping"